Things to do for free in Loughrea
In these credit crunch times take a look at our suggestions on what you can do in Loughrea without spending a cent.
- Check out one of Loughrea’s Parks and Open Spaces, where you can walk, jog, cycle or sit down and watch the world go by
- Take a self-guided walking tour around Loughrea town
- Go for a dip in The Grey Lake
- From Books and Newspapers, a Kiddies Area to Computers with Internet access you can’t go wrong checking out Loughrea Library
- Check out the oldest surviving wooden statue in the country along with other artifacts, at Clonfert Dioceasan Museum on the grounds of St. Brendan’s Cathedral
- A Skate area for the bigger kids, with a Children’s Playground catering for different age ranges, even the parking is free!
- Whether your interest lies with Clothes or Books, Kitchen Wear or Gardening, while away a few hours by browsing through some of Loughrea Shops